Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Key Responsibilities/Scope of the Job
What you need to know about the department...
This position is located at the department of Technology, Development & Engineering. You will work in a highly qualified team within this unit. The team consists of 6 people and is a diverse, experienced and creative team, in an international industry environment and start-up atmosphere.
You will build and maintain the core of our clients platform, API and Physician dashboard. Your experience working with lean product teams and building full-stack applications will allow you to efficiently turn business requirements and user stories into finished features. You will work in conjunction with our iOS and Android engineers to determine the most efficient way to implement a given feature and to identify the cause of issues as they are raised by growing pool of users. As a member of our clients engineering team, you will contribute to implementing and following the latest technical best practice. You will be part of the engineering team. You will have visibility into the entire company and work as part of an interdisciplinary development team where collaboration is imperative
Required & nice to have Skills
Who you are, when you have fun to work in a high motivated team...
Education/Learning Experience/Work Experience/Years of Experience
Required: University degree / experience in IT Management, Work Experience: 5+ years
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Ruby testing tools (RSpec, Minitest).
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD).
- Experience with modern build pipelines and tools.
- Experience building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
- Drive to write your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing team members’ code
- Desirable experience with profiling and optimising applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc).
- Desirable experience with Docker
- Great English communication skills – both written & verbal
- German nice 2 have, (but not required)
Knowledge of or experience in high tech / start-up / med tech environment in EU an advantage You have worked on products in the Software as a Medical Device or other regulated industries
- Self-starter, prime mover
- Enthusiastic spirit, engagement, positive attitude
- Able to work in teams, dynamic, open-minded, synergestic benefit, proven performer, personal integrity
- Structured, goal-oriented and cost-aware work ethics
- Excels in profil-oriented decisions, is very cost conscious
- Autonomous, proactive, open to relationships, go-getter
What will be your daily tasks:
- Create and maintain our API, Postgres database, and physician dashboard
- Establish and execute continuous delivery and infrastructure as code practices
- Oversee and define software architecture and technology design, define software requirements
- Own release management, including producing technical documentation
- Be accountable for deliverables for assigned modules across sprints
- Define best practices around software development and quality assurance
- Play a leading role in team sessions such as grooming, estimations, planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives
- Communicate with contacts from third-party integrations