Software Engineer (Rails)
|Company||ENGIE Energy Access|
|Location||Kampala / Berlin|
What we offer:
- The opportunity to play a substantial role in the energy revolution – being part of an innovative, tech-driven company with colleagues from many countries
- A job with purpose, while actively addressing business challenges that contribute towards environmental and social justice.
- Project based work, both remotely and “in the field” – we don’t need code monkeys, but rather valued colleagues who take joy out of fixing tricky challenges
- Good work-life balance, family friendly, flexible working-from-home policy, total and permanent disability (TPD) and life insurance
- Driven, positive-minded colleagues, that appreciate diversity and fun
- Room for growth: Professional development courses and training to allow you to further sharpen your curriculum
- Our office perks include meetings and table soccer with Lake Victoria view
Who we are:
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. Our mission is to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy products and life-changing services. Our Solar Home Systems are financed through affordable micro-instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. Leveraging technologies such as IOT and Mobile Money we are able to deliver affordable and high-quality solar systems to our customers With over 1,700 employees, operating in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6.5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
What we use:
- Rails 5.2: Using several standard gems: Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, Grape, Devise, RSpec, Thinking Sphinx, Trailblazer. Currently upgrading to Rails 6
- Databases: MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, Redis
- Gitlab: selfhosted for git and CI/CD using Docker
- Deployment: Linux, LXC, Docker, Kubernetes, Capistrano
- Fresh Ideas: Always welcome!
Join our small Developer Family, that continues to be the backbone of our company’s global operations. As a significant part of our digital department we also provide our software to other businesses in the PAY-Go sector as Software as a Service (SaaS). Visit https://paygee.com for more info! We work in a self-organized, collaborative fashion, with pair-programming and code review sessions taking place regularly. We work according to Agile and Scrum principles – while remaining flexible and valuing other approaches, if needed. Our diverse, highly experienced team is based in Kampala, Uganda and Berlin, Germany
Come join us
If you are confident in the Rails world, enjoy working with the stack outlined above and would like to create real impact with your work, we would love to get to know you!
Contact: Cédric N’CHO, Global Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org