Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)
|Vienna (partly remote)
We encourage both Mid-Level and Senior Developers to apply.
noyb.eu is a non-profit organization working on the enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We focus on strategic, innovative and effective enforcement of wilful privacy violations of major private players. So far noyb has filed more than 800 complaints against Big-Tech companies like Google, Amazon, Meta and alike with Data Protection Authorities in all EU Member States.
- Front and backend development of webbased projects in legal tech (past and future projects include internal tools to manage our cases, automated detection of online tracking, collective redress systems or class action platforms)
- Cooperation and consulting with our legal team
- Sharing and developing software within the wider consumer rights and non-profit environment
- Good „all round“ knowledge of IT topics
- Experience in developing web applications (frontend and backend)
- Good team worker and good communication skills
- Fluent in English (internal working language)
- Good self-organizing and time management skills
- Hands on mentality and high efficiency
Additional skills that would be helpful
- Interest in UX Design / CSS Styling
- Experience in BSD, Linux or Unix
- Embedded in tech community to facilitate a steady exchange of information
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to help shape the right to privacy
- Quick and inclusive decision making processes
- Modern and self-determined working conditions and hours
- A diverse and truly pan-European team
- A stable work environment
- Current team size: 20 people (3 + you for tech)
- Workplace: Our office is in Vienna, Austria (partly remote work is possible and we are open to custom solutions)
- 20-40 hours/week
- Combination with other work (e.g. freelance) possible
- Salary starting from € 44.000* for 40h (Mid-Level) and € 55.000* (Senior) depending on experience and qualifications
- Free public transport, lunch & Club Mate
- Moving assistance for out of town applicants
*Please note: Austrian employment law requires to publish a minimum wage. Considerably higher salaries are possible, depending on qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae
- Examples of and links to previous work (e.g. Github) ...via email to Stefan firstname.lastname@example.org - you can also contact Stefan with further questions!
Given our unique position, we aim to surpass standard security and privacy approaches. Willingness to go the extra mile and come up with novel and practical approaches to these issues is essential for us.